96 hours in dubai with a transit visa
- Author- Rose Mary
- Publish Date-
Dubai, the most modern city along with a hint of culture has become the recent travel as well as commercial destination for people all over the world. The 96 hours Dubai Transit Visa can be the perfect choice for spending 96 hours in Dubai with a transit visa if you intend to visit a third country with a connecting flight and in the meantime want to enjoy the glittering city of Dubai.
Dubai also has numerous connecting flights that people take to go to other destinations; hence here comes the requirement for a transit visa.
- What is a Dubai transit visa?
- Do I need a transit visa for Dubai?
- Required documents
- How to apply for a transit visa for Dubai.
- General FAQs
WHAT IS A TRANSIT VISA?
A transit visa is a type of visa that is valid for only a short period of time. You need to have a transit visa depending upon your nationality to make a connection to a connecting foreign airport through a flight.
The 96 hours transit visa has many benefits if you want to visit the country for a short period of time, with a connecting flight to another destination. You can apply for a transit visa
The transit visa is non renewable, that means you cannot renew your visa after it expires.
READ ALSO: What is the cost of a Dubai Transit Visa
DO I NEED A TRANSIT VISA FOR DUBAI?
If you have a more than 8 hours layover, you may need to have a transit visa or a stopover Dubai visa.
Although, if you belong to the GCC countries like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, the UAE, you won’t need a transit visa because of political and economic alliance.
To be eligible to obtain a transit visa you must provide all the requirements:
- Intent to leave the country once the visa that you applied for has expired.
- A valid passport which should not expire within 6 months from the time of your travel, if your passport has expired you should renew it as soon as possible.
- Medical insurance.
- Proof of funds.
- Reason for your travel mentioned in the cover letter.
The 96 hours transit visa allows the visa holders to roam around the country freely during the short stay. You can easily apply for a transit visa online, the documents required for doing so are mentioned below:
- Scanned color copies of your passport.
- Scanned color copy of your passport size photograph.
- Round flight ticket reservation showing the ongoing travel to a third county.
- Complete application form with signatures.
- Proof of hotel bookings.
- Cover letter stating the purpose of your visit.
- Medical certificate from the UAE medical centre.
- Proof of enough funds in your bank account to support you financially when you are in the country.
READ ALSO: Documents required for Dubai Transit Visa
PROCESSING TIME AND FEE
The processing time for the 96 hours transit visa is around 3-4 business days, it is a single entry, non renewable visa, with validity of 14 days and stay period of 96 hours, and not more than that.
READ ALSO: Rushed Dubai Transit Visa
HOW TO APPLY
- You need to visit dubaievisaonline.com and search for 96 hours transit visa.
- Choose your citizenship country, and your visa type.
- You can find all the necessary details related to the visa application, fee and processing time there.
- Fill out the application form giving correct information.
TIP: always make sure to provide only the correct details, if anything is found suspicious by the ministry your visa application can get cancelled, or even terminated.
- Upload all the necessary documents that are needed.
- Select the payment method and pay the visa fee using paypal/Debit/Credit card.
- You will receive the payment confirmation mail along with your application id. Note your id down as it will be needed later when you would want to track you application status.
- Track your visa on the portal by entering your application number.
- Once your visa gets approved, you can download it, verify it, and fly!
READ ALSO: Dubai Transit Visa Information
Q. Can I get a transit visa if I have a layover of 6 hours?
No, you cannot. In order to get a 96 hours transit visa you must:
- Travel to a third country/ destination.
- Have more than 8 hours lay over.
- Hold a return ticket, and also a hotel reservation.
- Travel at least in one sector (inbound or outbound) on emirates.
Q. If I have a long layover in Dubai airport, can I get out from the airport?
Yes, you definitely can. You have to avail a transit visa for that purpose. If you belong to a country who are eligible for visa free entry (GCC countries) or visa on arrival, then you will get your transit vita in immigration counter.
Q. Is it difficult to get a transit visa?
Not at all. It is as easy as a pie. All you need to do is fill out the application form online, upload your documents, make the payment, and there you go. It generally takes 3-4 business days for the visa to get processed. So you will be getting your transit visa in literally no time, along with saved time and effort.
Q. I am an 18 year old student currently residing in India. I want to travel to Dubai. Can I get a 96 hours Dubai transit visa?
The 96 hours visa is a transit visa and you would be asked to show supporting flight tickets to a third destination, in order to avail one. If you want to visit Dubai for travel purpose, you should opt for a tourist visa.
Hence now you can spend your 96 hours in Dubai with a transit visa obtained from Dubai Transit E Visa.