where can i apply for dubai transit visa
- Author- Priynka Admin
- Publish Date-
Do you need a Transit visa in Dubai?
Are you thinking of taking a short break or a layover in Dubai? You can consider getting yourself a Dubai transit visa so that you can put your time in Dubai to good use before you reach your third terminus. Although the task of applying for a transit visa is pretty effortless, it is always preferable to make an organized plan of action for your voyage beforehand. Even though there are a lot of things you can do at the airport, why would someone let go of the opportunity to explore the amazing city?
It usually takes about 10-40 minutes to reach most of the tourist places from Dubai airport. It just takes a 20 minutes drive to reach Burj Khalifa and the famous Dubai Mall.
You can reach Dubai Marina in about 40 minutes. You can either use the convenient metro from the airport or take a taxi from the airport to reach your favourite spot in the city.
Types of transit visas according to their duration
There are two different kinds of transit visas:
How much does it cost?
If one is planning to have a layover in Dubai for 48 hours. Whereas, to increase the layover to 96 hours, payment of just is needed. At the time of departure, you still have to pay 156USD, in addition to the visa fees.
Who is qualified
If you are proceeding to another place, other than where you started from and if you have a ticket booked to that destination, you are qualified to obtain this visa. Also, you need to keep in mind that the time between your arrival flight and the departure flight from here is no less than eight hours.
Also, if you are qualified for a visa on arrival, you need not take the transit visa before your voyage. The countries which are qualified for visa on arrival are listed below
|Vatican city||United States||United Kingdom||South Korea|
|Singapore||San Marino||New Zealand||Mongolia|
|Kazakhstan||Ireland||Hong Kong||El Salvador|
Few of these can get a visa valid up to 30 days whereas few others can get a visa valid for up to 90 days.
Prerequisites for Application
These documents must be submitted to the airline during the application process:
- Passport (Which needs to valid more than six months at the time of your travel).
- Confirmed plane tickets to the next destination.
- Passport-size photographs in colour against a white setting. Make sure that the photos are bright and clear.
- Lodging reservation in Dubai (This is required in case you are planning to stay for more than 24 hours. You need to provide proof of stay instead of booking information if you want to stay with a friend or family)
Where to apply for Dubai transit Visa
You can apply Dubai Transit visa through your airline (if it is UAE based). The airline then follows the online procedure to apply for your visa. Mostly all transit visas are applied through Etihad Airways, Emirates Airlines, Fly Dubai, or Air Arabia.
The airline might follow the below methods:
- It can apply through the electronic channel of the ICA (Identity and citizenship) of UAE FA (Federal Authority).
- Through the webpage of the GDRFA in Dubai.
- Using a mobile app like
GDRFA Dubai (works for both Apple and Android)
ICA’s Channel portal (this too works for both Apple and Android)
- Can you change the transit visa to a work visa or residence visa?
The transit visa cannot be transformed into any of these visas. You can apply them distinctly.
- How much time does it take for the process of getting a transit visa to complete?
The processing time is nearly 3 to 4 days. Once the immigration approves your request for transit, you get the visa.
- For how many days is the transit visa valid from the date it is issued?
The 48 hour or 96 hours transit visas are valid only for 30 days, unlike other visas to enter Dubai, which is valid for 60 days from the date of issue.
- Can you apply for your transit visa on your own?
Either the airline or the travel agency (if your trip is through them) can apply for your visa before you start your journey. Although, travel agencies have to apply for the visa for you through the airline.
- Can one attend business meetings with a transit visa?
Yes. A transit visa gives you the right to travel in Dubai and also attend business meetings.
- Under what circumstances or due to which reasons can your Dubai visa be rejected?
- If you already got a Dubai visa before but you did not make use of it, then you may have to get it nullified to apply for a new one, otherwise, there is a good chance that your visa you are applying for right now might be rejected.
- If the application has any typing error in important details like name, passport number, code related to your profession, your birth date, passport issue date, or expiry date then the process may be delayed or even the application may get rejected.
- If you being a female under 24 years, travelling alone, then you can expect a delay or even rejection because they would be suspicious of possible human trafficking.
- It may also be rejected if the scanned copies of the passport are not clear.